Garbage Disposal – There are a few ways to clean a garbage disposal. This is what Clog Commandos has found to be the most effective way to keep your disposal smelling fresh and running as efficiently as possible.
- Put two handfuls of ice into disposal
- Pour one cup of bleach into disposal
- Turn disposal on for 10 seconds. (NO WATER)
- Let disposal sit for 1 minute
- Turn water on for 30 seconds to flush bleach down the drain
- Repeat once a month for a fresher smelling disposal
WARNING Bleach is an oxidizer. DO NOT combine bleach with other chemicals. Be sure that there is plenty of ventilation in the area where bleach is used.
A second way to freshen up your disposal is using citrus peels, like lemons or oranges. Be careful not to stop up your disposal with the peels. Also when using peels your disposal may possibly make a loud sound while grinding citrus peels. For more information on garbage disposal please check our site. http://www.clogcommandos.com/plumbing_services_kitchen_repair_replacement.html