Water conservation is a very important to our environment – however, not using enough water in your drains can cause many problems for you and your home.
The sanitary drainage system in your home is designed to carry a specific amount of waste and water out of your home at a certain rate. If you do not water down the waste it may not have enough liquid to carry it down your drain the way the drain system was designed. For that reason, low water consumption fixtures may not always the best choice for water conservation. If you combine a “green” plumbing fixture with an old drain system you maybe on the road to a clogged drain. To be sure you are making the correct choice when selecting a new fixture consult with your local Clog Commando technician or plumber.
Alternatives to low consumption plumbing fixtures:
- Be sure toilet flappers are replaced annually
- Make sure all faucets turn off completely
- Shut your humidifier off in the summer
- Water your lawn in the early morning and at proper intervals
(DO NOT OVER WATER)
- Be sure that the water pressure in your home is not higher than 80psi
- Shorten the time you are in the shower
- Do not run your water CONTINUOUSLY when you shave or brush your teeth
- Check to see if you have any dripping hose bibs